Monday, October 6, 2014

Transfer 1, Week 6

Well, first things first, I'm staying here in Brampton with my companion, Elder Mangakahia. I was not transferred.

It's been an excellent week. :)

Sorry if my post's a little short this week - I'm using most of my time today applying to vote by absentee ballot and researching some issues. (You should vote too!) 

General Conference was great! It's where our prophet and Apostles speak to us. It's especially cool since you can gain a witness that the message they share is true, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

If you're ever curious about why we do missionary work, check out the talk by David A. Bednar. It's great stuff.

This week, I really strengthened my testimony while preparing to teach investigators. I learned a lot through Biblical mentions of restored truths (that we can learn more about through modern prophets or other additional Scriptural texts, like the Book of Mormon). I love that you can find accounts of things like a pre-mortal existence, baptism by immersion, or giving the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. I know that we teach Christ's Doctrine and that this is His church on earth.

Some interesting, but not particularly spiritual moments this week:

1) My companion did some pirouettes in front of the temple.

2) Got a humorous fortune cookie. I don't think they understand missionaries aren't looking for romance in the slightest. 

In the words of my companion...

Cheers,
Elder Crye

No comments:

Post a Comment